Whoops kitty has had a little accident on your carpet!
As we’ve just rescued a young stray cat from the Cat Haven recently, we thought this would be an appropriate post.
Don’t panic! Using just White Vinegar, Bi-carb of Soda and Water you can get your carpet clean again if you act fast.
Just follow the easy steps below:
1. Absorb excess urine with paper towel or old tea towel
2. Make a solution of white vinegar & water in a 500 ml spray bottle (100 mls vinegar / 400 mls water)
3. Spray on the kitten/cat urine stain so it is quite wet but not saturated
4. Dry as much as possible with more paper towel or old tea-towel
5. Sprinkle bi-carb of soda liberally over the wet area (acts as an absorber/deodoriser)
6. Leave on for 12-24 hours until totally absorbed and the area is dry
7. Vacuum up the remaining bi-carb of soda.
Repeat above steps if needed.
This only works on fresh accidents where you treat them straight away. If the stains are older and have sunk through to the underlay, then you will not be able to remove them with this method.
HANDY HINT – always keep a bottle of white vinegar & water mix ready for any little accidents.
If you have any questions regarding stain removal, please don’t hesitate to contact the friendly team at Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning on 0411 225 720.