No-one likes being sick, but from time to time someone in your family may catch a nasty vomiting bug, or throw up due to an allergic reaction, and they don’t always have time to make it to the bathroom so your carpet bears the brunt!
The trick is to act fast before it has time to seep in.
If it is a fairly fresh stain, then follow these simple steps, using everyday household products you should have in your home:
- Using plastic gloves if you have them, clean up the vomit into a 1plastic bag using paper towels.
- Mix white vinegar with warm water and apply this solution to your carpet using a microfibre cloth
- Saturate the stain with the above solution.
- Rinse the area with water, blot with an old tea towel and allow to dry.
- Repeat above steps until the stain is removed.
- To remove the vomit smell, spray the area with vinegar, blot with an old tea towel and sprinkle on some baking soda.
- Leave for several hours or overnight until dry and then vacuum off the powder.
Repeat these steps until the odour is gone.
However, if you need a professional, deep clean, then please get in touch with us at https://www.alpinecarpetcleaning.com.au/carpet-cleaning-perth/.
Happy Cleaning from the Cleaning Guru team!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.
Disclaimer: Please note that this blog post and any other tips given in our DIY blog is to assist you in minimising any discolouration or staining damage. Please follow instructions and measurements carefully as use of different quantities may have unintended consequences. These tips do not take into account individual circumstances, and we cannot be held responsible for any claim or action that may arise from using the information on this website. Please note that in some cases, there are different treatments for different fibres/fabrics – i.e. natural or synthetic. These tips are not a substitute for the treatment that we would offer as a professional carpet cleaner. If in doubt, please call us immediately.