ACT FAST before it has time to seep in and follow these simple steps using every day household products:
- Using plastic gloves if you have them, clean up the vomit into a plastic bag using paper towels.
- If your cushions have removable covers, put them into the washing machine.
- Mix white vinegar with warm water and apply this solution to your sofa using a microfibre cloth.
- Saturate the stain with the above solution.
- Rinse the area with water, blot with an old towel and allow to dry.
- Repeat above steps until the stain is removed.
- To remove the vomit smell, spray the area with vinegar, blot with an old towel and sprinkle on some baking soda. Leave for several hours or overnight and vacuum off the powder.
- Repeat #7 until smell is gone.
Good Luck from the Cleaning Guru team!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.
Disclaimer: Please note that this and any other tips given in our DIY blog is to assist you in minimising any discolouration or staining damage. Please follow instructions and measurements carefully as use of different quantities may have unintended consequences. These tips do not take in account individual circumstances, and we cannot be held responsible for any claim or action that may arise from using the information on this website. Please note that in some cases, there are different treatments for different fibres/fabrics – i.e. natural or synthetic. These tips are not a substitute for the treatment that we would offer as a professional carpet cleaner. If in doubt, please call us immediately.