Red Wine Spill on Carpets
Oh no, someone has spilt red wine on your light coloured carpets! Quick – Act Fast:
- Saturate the spill with cold water, soda water or white wine – whichever is handiest.
- Blot with kitchen towels or an absorbent old tea-towel.
- Place heavy objects on top of kitchen / tea-towel to absorb as much liquid as possible – phone directory, old books, etc.
- Once most of the moisture is absorbed and carpet is nearly dry, sprinkle with bi-carb and leave overnight to dry out.
- Vacuum off.
- If stain still persists, repeat again until it lightens/is removed.
This also works on white wine stains as well.
Good Luck from the Cleaning Guru team!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.
Disclaimer: Please note that this and any other tips given in our DIY blog is to assist you in minimizing any discoloration or staining damage. Please follow instructions and measurements carefully as use of different quantities may have unintended consequences. These tips do not take in account individual circumstances, and we cannot be held responsible for any claim or action that may arise from using the information on this website. Please note that in some cases, there are different treatments for different fibres/fabrics – i.e. natural or synthetic. These tips are not a substitute for the treatment that we would offer as a professional carpet cleaner. If in doubt, please call us immediately.