Chocolate is delicious. Take it from me, I love it. However, chocolate on carpet is another thing. It can make quite a mess. However don’t worry, in just five easy steps you can get your carpet clean again.
- Carefully scrape off any excess chocolate with a spatula.
- Pour half a cup of cold water directly over the carpet stain.
- Using a thimbleful of dish washing detergent gently rub the stain in a circular motion. Do not scrub. Then let it sit for five minutes.
- Absorb with dry cloth/towel.
- When the area is just damp, rinse the area with a solution of cold water and white vinegar (10 mils white vinegar/40 mls water) to neutralize the stain, and then dry with old clean towel.
By following these steps the chocolate stain/s should disappear. If not, repeat the above steps until the stain is removed.
As with all stains, you should always get expert advice rather than attempt to clean it yourself. Be aware that supermarket stain removers aren’t always ‘one size fits all’, i.e. they aren’t suitable for all carpet types/fibres and can cause permanent damage if used incorrectly, or left in without neutralising.
Good Luck from the Cleaning Guru!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.