Chocolate is delicious. Take it from me, I love it. However, chocolate squashed or melted on your carpet is another thing. It can make quite a mess and easily stain.
However, don’t worry, in just five easy steps you can get your carpet clean again.
- Carefully scrape off any excess chocolate with a spatula or butter knife.
- Pour half a cup of cold water directly over the carpet stain.
- Using a thimbleful of dish washing detergent gently rub the stain in a circular motion. Do not scrub. Then let it sit for five minutes.
- Absorb with dry cloth/towel.
- When the area is just damp, rinse the area with a solution of cold water and white vinegar (10 mls white vinegar/40 mls water) to neutralize the stain, and then dry with old clean towel.
By following the steps above, the chocolate stain/s should have disappeared. If not, just repeat the above steps until any evidence of the chocolate has been removed.
Please note, you can also use this method to remove chocolate off fabric furniture, however if in doubt, call us on 0411 225 720.
As with all stains, before you start any stain treatment you should always get expert advice rather than attempt to clean it yourself. Be aware that supermarket stain removers aren’t always ‘one size fits all’, i.e. they may not be suitable for all carpet types/fibres and can actually cause permanent damage if used incorrectly, or if left in without neutralising afterwards. Any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Good Luck from the Cleaning Guru!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.