Entertaining at home?
Watch out for spilt soft drinks on your carpet!
If you do have any accidents with soft drink, don’t panic, just follow our 10 steps using vinegar & dish washing detergent.
- Use a clean white absorbent tea towel, cloth or paper towel. Avoid scrubbing, as this may cause the soda to soak into the carpet even more.
- In a bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of gentle non-bleach dish washing detergent with lukewarm water.
- In another bowl, mix a generous amount of white vinegar with water (roughly 1 to 2 ratio).
- Using a clean cloth dip it into the detergent mixture.
- Pat the stain with the cloth, gently press into the affected area and wait 15 minutes.
- Using a dry cloth, pat the stain until it feels dry.
- Using another separate clean cloth, dip it into the vinegar solution.
- Cover the stain with this cloth, pressing into the stain. Place a heavy object over the cloth and leave for 15 minutes.
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth to dry, working from the outside in.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the above mentioned steps until it disappears.
Good Luck from the Cleaning Guru!
BLOGGER: Paul Mitchell, Owner/Operator of Alpine Carpet & Tile Cleaning, Perth.
If you are unable to remove the stain yourself, you can call us in to remove it professionally for you!
Please note that this and any other tips given in our DIY blog is to assist you in minimising any discolouration or staining damage. Please follow instructions and measurements carefully as use of different quantities may have unintended consequences. These tips do not take in account individual circumstances, and we cannot be held responsible for any claim or action that may arise from using the information on this website. Please note that in some cases, there are different treatments for different fibres/fabrics – i.e. natural or synthetic. These tips are not a substitute for the treatment that we would offer as a professional carpet cleaner. If in doubt, please call us immediately.